OR, YOU COULD...
1. REPLACE - You may be able to source replacement equipment quickly but in many instances the lead time for replacement equipment can be several months to 2 years. In either case, steps 2-4 can slow down your ability to get back on track fulfilling customer needs.
2. RETRAIN - If your operation is down for several weeks you often lose key, experienced employees. If you replace with a different piece of equipment even your most seasoned employees may need training.
3. REPROGRAM - Any replacement equipment must to be programmed to your specifications. Just as new computers need to have software reloaded, Replacement Manufacturing, Telecom, Medical equipment, etc. need programs loaded, specifications entered and other modifications.
4. RECONFIGURE - Replacement equipment is frequently sized or structured differently than your current model. This can create a situation that requires changing your production floor, your work flow, or other infrastructure.
5. RE-ESTABLISH - Customers will go elsewhere during your downtime. Whether your customer is a diner, a patient, an oil driller, a student or a parishioner they will require an alternate source or venue for your product. You need to RESTART asap!
ELECTROSTAR IS COMMITTED TO RESTORING YOUR CURRENT EQUIPMENT TO BETTER THAN PRE-LOSS CONDITION WITH A MINIMUM OF DOWNTIME AND INTERRUPTION.